Art & Lifestyle in Tel Aviv

1. THE REST OF THE WORLD THINKS YOU LIVE IN A WAR ZONE

url

2. JUKIM THAT CRAWL UP YOUR NAKED LEGS IN THE SUMMER

url-1

3. FRENCH PEOPLE AT THE BEACH

url-2

4. IT’S IMPOSSIBLE TO STAY SOBER AS PEOPLE GO OUT EVERY SINGLE NIGHT OF THE WEEK

url-3

5. THE HEAT THAT MAKES IT IMPOSSIBLE TO BREATH

url-5

6. YOU HAVE TO TAKE MONEY FROM STRANGERS ON THE MONIT SHERUT

Picture 009

7. YOUR YOGA SESSION GETS DISTURBED BY SCREAMING CATS THAT SOUND LIKE SLAUGHTERED BABIES

url-8

8. HIPSTERS TAKE THEMSELVES WAY TOO SERIOUSLY

HIPSTERS

9. YOU GET TOO MANY FREE SHOTS WHILE OUT PARTYING (BOO HOO…)

66981_10152620095300298_23402366_n

10. TOO MANY PEOPLE FROM NETANYA MOVE HERE

Ars

11. RAIN TURNS THE CITY INTO A GIANT PUDDLE

url-30

12. AMERICAN TAGLIT GIRLS HIT ON ANYBODY WEARING A UNIFORM

url

13. 70S ARCHITECTURE

url-15

14. NAMAL

ARSIM NAMAL

15. TOO MANY START-UP GEEKS THAT MAKE YOU FEEL DUMB

GEEK

16. YOU CAN’T WALK ON ROTHSCHILD WITHOUT BUMPING INTO SOMEONE YOU’RE TRYING TO AVOID

url-16

17. FLORENTIN RESIDENTS THAT JUST CAME BACK FROM INDIA AND BROUGHT INDIA WITH THEM

url-24

18. BUYING THE MOST RANDOM THINGS AT AM:PM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT TO FEED THE MUNCH

BAMBA2

19. WHEN WATER FALLS FROM AIR CONDITIONER ON YOUR FACE

AC

20. EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT MOVING TO BERLIN

url-20

21. YOU GET YOUR BIKE STOLEN. LIKE, SYSTEMATICALLY.

url-21

22. HIPSTERS DON’T ADMIT THAT THEY ARE HIPSTERS

url-14

23. YOUR LIFE IS AUTOMATICALLY POSTED ON INSTAGRAM

InstaArt Exhibition in Tel Aviv-033

24. YOU BUMP INTO WEIRD SCULPTURES AT NIGHT (YES IT’S REALLY ON ROTHSCHILD)

STATUE

25. THE RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH!!!

RENT

64 Responses to “The 25 Worst Things About Living in Tel Aviv”

1. Joe

You forgot number 26 – bigoted Americans who allow themselves to be judgmental of others even though they only moved here because they couldn’t make it in the States.

2. Lypo

Well, if u wanna come to Berlin, at least, ull be used to have ur bike stolen… :D

3. LAR

What a wonderful post! So hilariously true. Thank you for summing up my feelings about TLV so succinctly. I loved reading it. I’m sure you’ll receive plenty of haters from this post, but keep in mind – haters gonna hate! And let’s be honest, haters only hate when something truly marvelous is exposed. Keep it up! Will follow your future posts.

4. David Olim

Whats wrong with the French on the beach? :-(
    I think a better ones are people who smoke in a bar that is non smoking?? and leaving a tip regardless of how sh*t the service was. Like its the law..

• AliBali

Oh I totally agree. The smoke is SO annoying, and we don’t want to be forced to tip for bad service! The list could go on forever!
      But the French.. I don’t know.. they’re just.. too French..! No3 is actually one of my readers’ favorites :)

5. PG

French people at the the beach? Put it this way, imagine if a French blogger described something in France that was annoying and said, “Israelis on the Eiffel tower”.. now what would the comments and feedback be like?
    You’re just jealous of them because they have money, usually dress well, actually have hairstyles and shop in more than just Castro and Fox.

• AliBali

This post is obviously ironic, it’s called SARCASM :) Je ne suis ni jalouse ni envieuse et je ne fais sûrement pas mon shopping chez Castro! Allez, un peu d’humour ne fait pas de mal!

6. @makingkai

LOL! I was only there for 3 weeks but I can agree with at least 10/25! … Wouldn’t say they were the worse things during my trip though ;)

• AliBali

I know, right? You can’t just spend a quiet night with a glass of red wine. You always find yourself FORCED to drink shots. Life’s tough! ;)

7. Sinai Blumenthal

Everybody wants to go to Berlin!…, french people on the beach!!!:))))))

8. UrbanMonkey

That was funny. Now you have to do “25 best things about living in Tel Aviv” :)

1. You live with some of the coolest people in the world (those that didn’t yet move to Berlin)

2. ?

9. Barzel_18

Thank you “UrbanMonkey”. I was just about to request a “best of” list.

Ali Bali, this post was one of the TOP posts of the day and that’s no small feat given there are millions of Word Press Blogs ! so Mazel Tov for having many people from around the world read, Tel Aviv is not a war zone, but a city like any other decent, civilized, democratic society, with it’s warts and roses.

With hate targeting your daily life, it is a miracle the heartbeat of our Israeli family responds with laughter and hope for a more promising future.

After 3,000 years, humour has been perfected so fears will be momentarily dashed and we can focus on the purpose of our existence,.. to receive and give love and remain a Light Unto the Nations by being an example of a just and compassionate society.

AM ISRAEL CHAI!

• AliBali

Music to my ears Barzel_18! Indeed I hope this shows that there is more to Tel Aviv than the conflict. Will make sure to write a ”Best 25 things” soon :) Follow me to stay in the loop!
      BTW I had no idea I was in the top posts, good to know!

• Barzel_18

I am connected with “Ali Bali” and would now appreciate a direct link with Tel Aviv through you :-)

Jewish Defence League of Canada

May you, your family and all good people living in Israel and beyond be surrounded by love, warmth and Shalom, this Shabbat and always.

L’chaim!

10. goddessbecomesher

That was great! really awesome to get the point of view from someone in the same generation! (or close to) I really liked 2. ( I can relate, I am from Florida) 17 & 21& 22…. really they were all awesome! great Blog!

11. nsdckl

I should say: “No left turns when you drive the car!!!” but hahahha it was cool xD

12. jonathan.bismuth@gmail.com

This is just an excellent post (And I’m French and approve #3)